During the programme you’ll…
- Have 18 classroom-based active learning sessions a week, including lessons, workshops and presentations
- Carry out learning tasks with classmates from around the world
- Discover London with expert guides and lecturers
- Meet and talk with English speaking Londoners
- Enjoy Lunch Club twice a week – a light lunch in a café with English speaker and a group of students
- Have the option of taking part in evening and weekend activities and excursion
Each week we’ll explore one or two themes with lessons, presentations, guided visits, lectures and excursions. Examples include:
- Fashion and Design, with visits to the Design Museum, the Fashion and Textile Museums, the Victoria and Albert Museum and “fast fashion” task
- Architecture, old and new, with a City Tour and visits to the Sky Garden, the Shard and “city of the future” task
- Music, with a tour of the Royal Albert Hall, a guided “London music” walking tour and “create and promote a new band” task
- Art, with visits to the Tate Modern, Tate Britain, the National Gallery “school art project”
- English Literature, with visits to the Dickens or Sherlock Holmes museums and “literature is great” task
- Theatre, with visits to the V&A Theatre and performance tour, the National Theatre Tour and “shows you love and hate” task
- English Language Programme of 20 lessons of 50 minutes a week – focus is on spoken English, with structured language input, and a skills session for everyday English conversation, talking about sport or fashion.
- There are also workshops of 4 lessons every Tuesday afternoon.
- Workshops, visits and excursions are related to the options: Discover London, Fashion, Art & Design, and Sports Fan.
- Optional Young Leader workshop weekly.
- Action-packed activity programme.
- Evening activities on and off campus including visits to shopping centres and West End shows.
- Weekly full day excursions take place in the London area or nearby where there is a wealth of attractions such as a river trip to Greenwich and a bus or train journey to Windsor or Brighton.