Whitelands College, Roehampton University is in a safe, green neighbourhood in Zone 3, with direct access to Richmond royal park. it is 35 minutes from London Waterloo by train and a pleasant walk to the attractive Richmond town centre. Students stay in single en-suite rooms on the university campus and get to experience the British university lifestyle in one of the UK’s top universities.
The campus has residential blocks with en-suite single rooms, college buildings with spacious classrooms and a canteen with views over Richmond Park. There are playing fields and places of worship.
Maximum of 65 residential students so close supervision and personal attention is guaranteed
- English Language Programme of 20 lessons of 50 minutes a week – focus is on spoken English, with structured language input, and a skills session for everyday English conversation, talking about sport or fashion.
- There are also workshops of 4 lessons every Tuesday afternoon.
- Workshops, visits and excursions are related to the options: Discover London, Fashion, Art & Design, and Sports Fan.
- Optional Young Leader workshop weekly.
- Action-packed activity programme.
- Evening activities on and off campus including visits to shopping centres and West End shows.
- Weekly full day excursions take place in the London area or nearby where there is a wealth of attractions such as a river trip to Greenwich and a bus or train journey to Windsor or Brighton.
Example Workshops and Visits
DISCOVER LONDON - sightseeing (London’s top attractions), museum visits (British Museum, Science Museum), British culture (including afternoon tea).
FASHION, ART AND DESIGN - department store visit, street markets, fashion and design museums, student fashion show and photo shoot.
SPORTS FAN - tour of Chelsea or Arsenal stadium, climbing wall, Wimbledon Tennis Museum, football and baseball in the park.
YOUNG LEADER - team building, public speaking, presenting ideas, debating.
Students of aged 16 and 17, with parental permission, may leave the campus in pairs or small groups after dinner until evening activities start. An example week can be seen below.
Included / Not Incuded
London Teenager Residential
What is included?
Full board residential accommodation, English language course, course materials, certificates, activity programme and weekly excursions, supervision by resident staff and medical and travel insurance.
What is not included?
Transfers from airports or stations, incidental expenses and pocket money, key and damage deposit (£40, payable on arrival), optional musical or concert.
For more information about booking this course for groups, please contact Garth Younghusband by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.