The programme consists of:
- English Language Course of 20 sessions a week with focus is on spoken English
- One afternoon a week there are 4 Young Leader Workshop sessions, including team building, public speaking, presenting ideas and debating
- Afternoon sporting and cultural activities and some evening activities
- Weekly full day weekend excursion to a place of interest
Free Time, Weekly Excursions, Example Week
All our host families are within 30 minutes travel of the school. In the evenings students socialise with their host families or together in small groups in the village. We offer 24 hour support to all our students.
Every weekend, students go on a full day excursion by coach to a place of interest outside Dublin including Kilkenny Castle, Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall, and Glendalough.
Young Leaders Workshop
One afternoon a week there are 4 Young Leader Workshop sessions, including team building, public speaking, presenting ideas and debating. This is an option workshop and highly popular with students.
Through a variety of team activities, games and discussions, students are encouraged to learn in the following ways:
• Show independence in learning.
• Develop critical and creative thinking skills
• Understand connections between local and global issues
• Express their ideas and opinions in a confident manner, take risks, and appreciate their own and other cultures
Accommodation & Meals
Homestay Programme: Students stay with carefully selected host families, living as a part of the family, in Dalkey and surrounding villages. Many of our host families are within walking distance of the school, others are 1 or 2 stops away on the DART line. We will provide travel cards when necessary. There are a maximum of 3 students per host family. Most students will be in twin rooms, others in singles or triples. Students are not placed with other students of the same nationality unless requested or agreed in advance. Families provide full board, with a packed lunch on afternoons when there are activities.
Day School: No meal/accommodation provided.
Included / Not Incuded
What is included: Full board homestay accommodation, registration, tuition, materials, certificates, travel, activity programme and weekly excursions, supervision by staff.
What is not included: Transfers from airport, incidental expenses and pocket money, medical and travel insurance.
What is included: Registration, tuition, materials, certificates, activity programme and weekly excursions, supervision by staff.
What is not included: Transfers from airport, incidental expenses and pocket money, medical and travel insurance, homestay accommodation, travel expenses from and to the school, packed lunch.
For more information about booking either of these courses for groups, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.